Firewall Alerts

Big Big C 11:25 29 Jan 04

I have just installed Zone Alarm and am very surprised to see all of the alerts that keep on popping up.

Approx 5 or 6 per minute.
Is this normal ?

Regards

canard 11:33 29 Jan 04

If you haven't got Adaware and Spybot you'd better download, install and run them!

Handy Spinner 11:34 29 Jan 04

Yes - I would say so. I used to get lots of alerts when I installed it, until I stopped it telling me them. But why there are so many, I don't exactly know.

wags 11:35 29 Jan 04

Are these alerts regarding programmes being able to access the net ? When you first install it will keep asking whether you want a programme to access internet or not. If you do want, say, for example, a game to be able to access the internet for online multiplayer fun, make sure you tick the box to allow future access without asking. After a while it will settle down. I get very few pop ups now.

Handy Spinner 11:36 29 Jan 04

Canard's advice is good, you should install them as well.

click here

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:25 29 Jan 04

The alerts are only 'handshakes' across the network and are not hacks. Turn off the alerts as they are a waste of space.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…