firewall alert is it ok?

johnnyrocker 10:47 19 Aug 05

good morning.
my sygate is alerting me this morning saying "nt kernel system (ntoskernel.exe)is trying to connect to 66.98.150.150. do you wanrt to allow etc etc do i have a prob or is this safe please?

johnny.

dagwoood 10:53 19 Aug 05

'Morning johnnyrocker. According to this click here you should block the kernel from having access to the internet.

HTH, dagwoood.

johnnyrocker 10:59 19 Aug 05

thanks dagwood great site and have saved it, it would appear i was right to block it, will do so permanently when/if it tries again, any ideas how it has occurred?

johnny.

dagwoood 11:44 19 Aug 05

johnnyrocker, it might be a good idea to run anti-virus/malware scans to eliminate the possibility of having something untoward on your system.

To be honest, I couldn't really say why the kernel wants to access the internet. Might be worth opening another thread and ask if anyone else might shed any light on it.

Sorry I can't be more helpful :(

johnnyrocker 11:49 19 Aug 05

no probs and thanks, i have spybot/adaware/ccleaner/spywareblaster all current and updated.

johnny.

The Spires 12:39 19 Aug 05

The address it's trying to connect to is the 'Panicware' site, pop-up blockers etc, is it trying to update perhaps?

johnnyrocker 12:46 19 Aug 05

possibly as i do have it but not been alerted before and sygate did not say what it was.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…