firewall

newgee 21:46 06 Feb 03

can any 1 help i need a firewall as ive just installed broadband im running... xp with aol broadband what would be the best firewall for me ????

Nellie2 21:51 06 Feb 03

zonealarm is free for personal use and very easy to use.......click here

Simon_P 21:55 06 Feb 03

I use norton internet security which has both anti virus and firewall but you can get the firewall on its own if you already have anti virus (the combined prog works out cheaper), available from most computer outlets. I find it too be very good. I expect that you will get a few other replys from more experienced users soon. info click here

Simon_P 21:55 06 Feb 03

I use norton internet security which has both anti virus and firewall but you can get the firewall on its own if you already have anti virus (the combined prog works out cheaper), available from most computer outlets. I find it too be very good. I expect that you will get a few other replys from more experienced users soon. info click here

Simon_P 21:56 06 Feb 03

Simon_P 21:57 06 Feb 03

page failed, but I guess that was not so!

redelf 22:29 06 Feb 03

newgee

XP has it's own firewall - check your control panel for the internet connection details & it should indicate if the firewall is activated. The XP firewall is oneway only i.e. it only checks for dodgy incoming traffic, it doesn't check what is going out.

mavestar 22:32 06 Feb 03

Zonealarm is freeware, runs great on my system.

newgee 10:23 07 Feb 03

ive been advised on sygate so ive dowloaded it any good ???? it seems ok to me but is there anything better?? or should i stick to this???

smcarlsen 11:31 07 Feb 03

I and a few other people I know currently use a hardware firewall called ipcop, all you need is a (very)low spec pc, this would be totally dedicated to the firewall and can be stuck in a (ventilated) cupboard and forgot about (needs no monitor, keyboard or mouse). It also can act as web proxy and can filter the not so nice aspects of the internet experience. Check out ipcop at click here
It takes a little time and discovery to get it set up, but in the long run, you can be safe in the knowledge that you are well protected, also there is a massive support group out there.

STEVE71163 17:31 07 Feb 03

Hi newgee. I too have aol broadband and i use sygate firewall and Norton antivirus 2003 and find these work fine with aol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…