Firewall

onthenose26 11:59 31 Dec 07

Hi,

I have just bought a new PC (Novatech - thanks for the advice from people on here) and am sorting out my virus software and firewall. I have never had much luck with paid for products before so I have installed AVG which seems to be very good and am now trying to sort out a free firewall. I used to have Zone Alarm on my old PC, but I have installed this and it almost completely stops my internet access. I have now un-installed it and it works fine again. Does anybody have any advise on a good free firewall or what I am perhaps doing wrong with Zone Alarm?

Thanks

anskyber 12:02 31 Dec 07

If it's Vista? I just use the Windows own firewall, otherwise try click here

onthenose26 12:18 31 Dec 07

Yes it is Vista. Is the windows fiewall OK then ?

tullie 13:09 31 Dec 07

Depends who you talk to,i prefer ZA,and it runs ok on vista.

Sea Urchin 13:26 31 Dec 07

Make sure you download ZoneAlarm for Vista from here click here#

It works very well.

birdface 15:21 31 Dec 07

There have been a few problems with Zone Alarm at the moment.It may be better if you use Comodo it's supposed to be the best.

aine 18:55 31 Dec 07

I have vista running, I use windows firewall, have had no problems with it. I use to use Zonealarm but it caused more problems than I could be bothered with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…