firewall

hargranules 14:43 08 Feb 06

I am trying to share files and printers on a home network with 3 pc's. I have run the windows network wizard and shared the files and printer but when i try to access from other pc's it says have not got permission.

I think this is because of the firewall but how do i configure it? please help !!!!!

keewaa 15:38 08 Feb 06

Add the other PCs IPs to the trusted zone in the firewall. Get the other PCs IPs from a command line IPCONFIG /ALL. Might have to set static IPs if DHCP allocates a range of IPs.

hargranules 16:02 08 Feb 06

They have different anti - virus on the pc's, mcafee on one and norton on the other two will this make a difference.

keewaa 16:14 08 Feb 06

Not if you configure them both correctly. If you just disable both you can check if the cause is the firewalls (As long as you have a hardware firewall - if not disconnect from the internet first and re-enable before connecting again)

hargranules 15:59 09 Feb 06

all sorted thanks for help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…