Firewall

Buchan 35 19:41 09 Mar 05

I`ve just been into MS security centre and discovered that MS firewall is not turned on. Could this be because I use Avast!4? Thought I`d better ask just in case.

Technotiger 19:42 09 Mar 05

Hi mate - yes. Only one firewall at a time.

Technotiger 19:45 09 Mar 05

Oh, wait a minute - Avast4, I don't use that but is it not a Anti-Virus, not Firewall.

You better enlighten me.

Cheers.

Technotiger 19:51 09 Mar 05

Me again - if you have ZA or any other free firewall, then Windows firewall should be off.

Cheers.

Buchan 35 19:51 09 Mar 05

Avast!4 is an anti virus programme that I almost swear by, but I can see where you are with one firewall at a time. MS Security Centre recognises Avast and is aware that it is fully updated so I wonder if it switched it`s own firewall off in deference.

Buchan 35 19:53 09 Mar 05

What`s ZA ?

Technotiger 19:54 09 Mar 05

I asume you DO have a firewall, other than Windows one. If not, consider your wrist slapped :-))

Technotiger 19:55 09 Mar 05

ZA = Zone Alarm (free firewall), and very good too.

Buchan 35 20:04 09 Mar 05

I`d like to think that Avast has one because it blocked a horde of malware a week or two ago. I`ll close this thread Technotiger and investigate through a different source, but I`m sure I`ve got a firewall.

Technotiger 20:06 09 Mar 05

OK my friend, fine if you have a firewall, then that is why Windows one is switched off.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…