kenny1888 22:00 21 Jul 04

I cant get onto the internet without first disabling my firewall, i never had this problem before till i formatted my disc and since i reinstalled the firewall this happens, i click on ie and the page cannot be displayed till i disable the firewall, im running windows xp home edition any help please...

beeuuem 00:39 22 Jul 04

Which firewall are you using - XP or a a third party one such as ZoneAlarm?

Wes Tam ;-) 10:10 22 Jul 04

kenny1888 have you configured your firewall to let a port allow iexplore.exe make a connection?

spuds 11:44 22 Jul 04

Just check,to see if you are running two firewalls, like XP and ZA together. If so, disable one, prefarably the XP firewall, and only run one firewall.

beeuuem 12:13 22 Jul 04

"its a third party firewall"

The reason for asking was that, if you tell us which firewall you are using, someone using the same firewall could advise you on the settings you need to change to allow IE internet access.

Kenny1888, if you reply on the page it keeps all those reading the thread up to date and allows them to offer further suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…