firewall

pat2068 21:58 15 Oct 03

could someone please recommend a free firewall thanks mary

The Sack 22:00 15 Oct 03

Sygate and Zonealarm are probably the best 2 free ones.

If you use AOL you can type keyword firewall and get Mcafee free of charge if you dont trust the free ones.

The Sack 22:01 15 Oct 03

sorry links would have been nice wouldnt they, someone will post them i am sure :-)

Taran 22:01 15 Oct 03

ZoneAlarm click here

Kerio click here

Outpost click here

Out of the three, ZoneAlarm is probably the easiest to use while Outpost and Kerio offer slightly better protection. This is a very general statement of course. Much depends on how much effort you want to put into learning how best to use the firewall you choose, but any of the three will more than suffice.

regards

Taran

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:55 15 Oct 03

If you are on a home computer you will have more chance of winning the lotto than being hacked. Choose any of the above, personally I would prefer Outpost as it is non-intrusive but then again, I don't use a firewall ;-)))

G

Gaz 25 04:07 16 Oct 03

Thats GANDALF <|:-)>'s point of view. But you decide, there is many out there.

Outpost is worth a try.

Even though GANDALF <|:-)> may have a point, Trojans could contact their friends back home, a firewall stops this.

A firewall helped protect me from the Blaster worm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…