firenet internet connection

carvers 17:16 13 Sep 03

i have a compaq presario laptop using a dial up connection and conexant intl hsfi v92 minipci modem. from time to time when attempting an internet connection i get the error message that the user name or password is incorrect. i can sometimes keep trying and get a connection or if not i re-enter the details of the internet connection and will usually get a connection but a few days later or maybe weeks will get the same message again. this seems to be a firenet problem to me and i have sent them an email but was wondering if anyone else has come across this as the firenet website shows all its connections working ok. i am using their anytime connection so should get a better deal than the one i had before which was their 0845 bt land line access which caused no problems. as i expect firenet to deny its their problem i wondered if any one else can help? thanks in advance.

Gaz 25 18:09 13 Sep 03

Yes, I have this when I use dial-up, it does, I think they must do this to keep confimation it is still YOU!

gold 47 19:30 13 Sep 03

Firenet never leave them when i did two years ago i couldn't get them out of my bank account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…