Firefox/Nectar Search, and loss of IE icons

Allan RISC OS user 17:03 PM 09 Nov 11

Since Friday I have not been able to run Firefox 7.01 when Nectar Search Bar is installed, I was ok in the morning but after re booting the PC in the after noon Firefox crashed as soon as it was loaded. The only way out was to uninstall and reinstall. This problem now occurs when I install the Nectar Search Bar. This morning I was advised by Nectar to create a new profile for Firefox and they run it, this was ok, but as soon as Nectar was installed it crashed again, no other add ons had been installed. I have now lost all my Icons on the left of bar, and had to reinstate them, however, I am unable to get one back for IE all I have is the one that looks like a box with 3 dots on it. I have tried to repair IE but have not been able to re-install it as each time the installer stops and reports IE 9 is already installed. How can I overcome all these problems.

northumbria61 23:20 PM 09 Nov 11

Do you have Trustee Rapport installed? If so there may be a conflict with your Nectar Search Bar.

Instructions here for uninstalling IE 9 and automatically revert to IE 8 enter link description here then if you wish you can reinstall IE 9

rdave13 23:37 PM 09 Nov 11

For IE I'd try going to start, all programs, accessories, system tools and then run IE with no add-ons. If it opens then go to tools, internet options, advanced tab and then restore IE through the reset tab. If it works then ok, otherwise follow northumbria61's suggestion. If you don't have Trusteer Rapport then possibly the Nectar Search bar might not be worth the hassle. FireFox is now on version 8.

Graham* 23:51 PM 09 Nov 11

Firefox is now version 8. Go to Help, About.

mikef. 13:29 PM 10 Nov 11

I had the same problem with the Nectar toolbar on Firefox and had to go into safe mode to delete it, it's the same with Firefox 8 as well, I think the toolbar had an update and this is what is causing the problem and I've given up on it now

Allan RISC OS user 21:46 PM 11 Nov 11

Thanks for the help, I think I will also give it up as a lost cause. I can still use the Nectar Search in IE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know