firefox4

Jameslayer 20:24 30 Mar 11

Hi just updated to firefox4 and it just keeps crashing. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version without doing a system restore.

And is it possible to import the favourites from firefox to ie. As I may give that a go.

northumbria61 22:22 30 Mar 11

If you uninstall Firefox 4 beta, do not select the option to "Remove my Firefox personal data" as that will remove all Firefox user data such as bookmarks and passwords used by all version of Firefox. For details on uninstalling see click here

You may still already have Firefox 3.6 on your computer, as by default the Firefox beta installs in a different location. If required you can re-install Firefox 3.6, download the latest installer from click here and run it to install Firefox. When you re-install Firefox it will use the user data that is already present on your computer.

northumbria61 22:29 30 Mar 11

"If you uninstall Firefox 4 beta" - applies to Firefox 4 as well as Beta version.

"And is it possible to import the favourites from firefox to ie."

Yes - Top right of IE Home Page click on "star" (view favourites,feeds & history) then below that "add to favourites box" drop down list - select import & export"

DippyGirl 22:31 30 Mar 11

I got rid of FF4 - too much stuff didnt work (for me)
Getting something other than V4 from Moz is challenging
I found a 3.16 download tucked away - but all was OK, few toolbars went south
As northumbria61 says dont remove personal data - or you are starting afresh

Jameslayer 22:43 30 Mar 11

Thanks have imported the stuff now will deleate ff.

Jameslayer 22:56 30 Mar 11

yay all back to normal

robin_x 23:27 30 Mar 11

Old versions easier to find at filehippo
(see right hand sidebar)

click here

robin_x 23:28 30 Mar 11

And consider Mozbackup for bookmarks and settings
click here;1

Muergo 01:13 31 Mar 11

During my recent changing of programs around, I have used filehippo several times to flip between Firefox 3 and 4(full) and now sorted out addons to work with 4 so stayed there.

All this time hippo changeovers kept all my bookmarks and other preference settings totally untouched.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…