Firefox will not start

Prospero 21:10 11 Mar 09

Firefox will not start. I have uninstalled Firefox and re-installed Firefox 3.0.7. This will not start but looking at Task Manager, this shows 25% cpu usage. In other words, it appears to try to run but does not complete the process.

Any ideas?

Technotiger 21:13 11 Mar 09

Try a simple re-start of your computer.

Prospero 21:20 11 Mar 09

Thanks Technotiger, but have tied that to no avail.

Technotiger 21:38 11 Mar 09

Hmm, in that case I suggest that you do the uninstall/reinstall again, but this time do the uninstall using click here

When you are offered the option to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start, let Revo continue. When you get the option to Select all and to Delete, DO SO. After clicking on Finish, re-start your PC. Then re-download and install Firefox.

Prospero 09:31 12 Mar 09

Hmm! I have a problem. I've done all that using Revo, selected and deleted the highlighted items. It still will not run and still shows 25% cpu usage. I have also tried to re-install Firefox folder from an earlier backup, but it will not let me.
Thanks again for your thoughts, Technotiger.

Andsome 09:35 12 Mar 09

FF is more trouble than it's worth. Each to his own though, but having tried it once, NEVER AGAIN.

tullie 09:43 12 Mar 09

As you say,each to their own.Ihave used Firefox for a considerable time with no issues.

Prospero 20:56 12 Mar 09

Fixed at last. I followed info on a previous post in the helproom and found the Vista version of 'Documents & Settings' - 'Users' - 'Application Data' and deleted the file 'Mozilla'. I was then able to re-install.

Technotiger 21:12 12 Mar 09

Grreat, thanks for your feedback. I was still thinking XP!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…