Firefox will not run. Error message

Tycho 12:40 27 Dec 14
Answered

I have been using FF for ages. Now it tells me:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

What I have done so far is to scan my laptop (W7 with all the updates). No problems found using AVG free.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled FF and get the same message. I am back to using Chrome now which seems to run without any issues.

Any ideas?

N

spuds 13:38 27 Dec 14

If you have CCleaner installed on your machine, then run a registry check with that, and see what happens. CCleaner free download click here

Tycho 15:12 27 Dec 14

Ccleaner downloaded and run. All seemed to go as it should but there is no change to FF.

N

rdave13 15:54 27 Dec 14

If you press and hold the left shift key and double click the icon, wait for a few seconds, you will get a pop-up asking if you want to open in safe mode or re-set firefox. Try safe-mode first and remove/disable the add-ons.

Tycho 17:31 27 Dec 14
Answer

Thanks for your help, chaps.

I resolved the ssue witha system restore. I had only created a resotre point yesterday so that seemd the most direct route back to a working version of Firefox.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…