firefox will not display images?

davro 17:25 13 Feb 05

i have windows xp and awhile ago installed firefox problem now is some images will not display anymore i have to right click on blank image and select veiw image which opens in a sepperate page anyone got any ideas idont think ive changed any settings in firefox thanks.

LeadingMNMs 17:33 13 Feb 05

Tools > Options > Web Features

Ensure 'Load Images' is ticked.

Stuartli 17:53 13 Feb 05

Some images will not be loaded unless you click on the Show Images button on the bar above the window for security reasons; similar feature for e-mails in Thunderbird.

davro 20:44 13 Feb 05

Tools > Options > Web Features

Ensure 'Load Images' is ticked. this option is ticked but still no images it was working a few days ago?

woodchip 20:47 13 Feb 05

In Firefox go to Edit in Menu Preferences\privacy & Security double click to open and you will see Images check in there to see if it say's show

LeadingMNMs 20:54 13 Feb 05

After re-reading your post you say that only "some images" fail to load.

Is this related to a specific page / site or the majority ? Are they a certain type of image ? Or maybe controlled by JavaScript for example ?

davro 20:59 13 Feb 05

woodchip i have firefox version 1.o in edit it hasnt got Preferences\privacy & Security tab? just undo copy paste select all etc any ideas?

davro 21:02 13 Feb 05

LeadingMNMs Ebay for example cant see images but in internet explorer they show up

LeadingMNMs 21:06 13 Feb 05

Just a though. Go back to Tools > Options > Web Features, and this time click the 'Exceptions' button. Have any sites, like ebay.co.uk been blocked for example ?

davro 21:21 13 Feb 05

Tools > Options > Web Features, and this time click the 'Exceptions'under exceptions it says i8.ebaying.com (allow) strange all was well a few days ago?

SEASHANTY 21:57 13 Feb 05

Also click on Tools - EXTENSIONS - See if you have
enabled FLASHBLOCK to block images. This will replace the image with a symbol which you have to click to get the image to show.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…