Firefox V IE7

Miros 06:29 15 Feb 07

For about the fourth time( and on reflection I don't know why) I have downloaded Firefox having tried it and got rid of it a few times in the past.

I see a lot of contributors to this forum pooh poohing IE7 and I can't understand why, security is mentioned! FireFox would be very secure for me, I can't find anything that's after it was supposed to import all my favorites and passwords, I can't find them, where are they now? No wonder it's considered safe.

I think Firefox is so limited compared to IE7 which has far more items and aids for browsing on offer. Unless I can be proved wrong I'll stick with IE7 and dump FireFox once more.

mike1967 06:36 15 Feb 07

Theres nothing wrong with IE7, but there again nothing with Firfox is a problem either, I use both and alternate between the two of them.

But how can you say Firefox is limited compared to Firefox?

Firefox is more configureable the IE7 even down to the fact you can change its appearance with Themes.

I think you're importing of favourites is done during the setup of Firefox, but to be honest I can't remember as its been on my PC for over a year now.

€dstowe 06:50 15 Feb 07

Why is there an ever continuing argument/discussion about the comparative merits of Firefox vs IE?

Surely it is entirely a matter of what browser you are comfortable with, isn't it?

There is at least one regular contributor here that champions Opera as the browser of choice - and that's the point - CHOICE.

Continually bringing this subject to the fore achieves nothing except antagonistic feelings amongst the supporters of one system against another.

Whilst browsers seem to create the most of this type of discussion, a similar thing applies to Windows vs MAC vs Linux, Photoshop vs PSP and a number of others.

Miros 07:11 15 Feb 07

I think your right, "Surely it is entirely a matter of what browser you are comfortable with, isn't it? ". This could be my problem.

I don't see the point though of having an extra browser taking up what I consider valuable space unless it is worthwhile.

I am not trying to antagonise any one, and hopefully I will not, I'm just very curious. I am not even saying Firefox is no good just that I can't see why others on this forum knock IE7 and advocate Firefox to replace it, I'm very puzzled.

Because of the remarks by mike1967 re: configuring I've had a further look at FireFox and found somethings but still not happy with 'layout' and other missing familiarity's

The prompt to try it again came from an AOL security 'warning' I have tried it, but at the end of the day, I have to ask myself is it worth while? my answer so far is no it isn't,

mike1967 07:20 15 Feb 07

Miros

What you still not happy with, I'm only asking out of interest, like you said if you like IE7 please keep using it, from what I understand the security problems that IE6 had are now gone with this new release
(but I'm sure someone will tell me different)

Miros 07:28 15 Feb 07

I suppose it is as €dstowe says it's a matter of what your comfortable with, in my case IE7 :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…