Firefox Update

heavymetalkid 10:49 03 Aug 06

Several days ago I had an on-screen message telling me there was a Mozilla Firefox update. I had great difficulty installing it....right at the end a message kept appearing saying that "several files couldn't be updated" Eventually, it seemed to be installed and, on the Help menu it states Firefox 1.5 05. However, today it's all started again. Another message offering the update,yet each time I begin, it gets as far as "Firefox is installing" then, once again "several files couldn't be installed" etc. I've tried installing it from the check for updates section....same thing. I'm completely confused...can anyone help?

modelflyer 11:04 03 Aug 06

Same thing happened to me. I got around it by uninstalling, and reinstalling the latest version from the Mozilla website.

vinnyT 11:10 03 Aug 06

It's now on 1.5.0.6 (just checked)

Stuartli 12:49 03 Aug 06

It was updated again yesterday. See:

click here

Stuartli 12:50 03 Aug 06

It was updated again yesterday. See:

click here

Stuartli 12:50 03 Aug 06

Ignore first link...:-)

heavymetalkid 23:52 03 Aug 06

Thanks everyone,I seem to have updated successfully now to 1.5.06 by uninstalling and reinstalling from the website. The most difficult update I've ever encountered.

vinnyT 11:05 04 Aug 06

"The most difficult update I've ever encountered."

You've lead a sheltered (pc) life;-))

bof:) 14:48 04 Aug 06

Hi all, strange I have version 1.0.7 of firefox and if I click on check for updates, it says there are none???

Smiler 14:59 04 Aug 06

If I were you I would download and install the latest version for safety sake.

sunny staines 17:51 04 Aug 06

delete firefox goto firefox web site & download latest version the update link never seems to work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…