Firefox Tabs

dregn 10:08 22 Nov 04

I am using Firefox 1.0 as my browser.

The tabs work fine and with any new windows in boxes along the bottom, then suddenly the tabs are all amalgamated into a single box at the bottom of the screen with numbered references to pages.
Why does it do this and how may it be circumvented ?

Rigga 10:34 22 Nov 04

Hi There,

Two things...

Firstly I don't think you have tabbed browsing working fine. In FireFox if tabbed browsing is working there should only be one box in the taskbar (The bar at the bottom of your screen). To see what I mean, open FireFox, then right click on a link, instead of left click and choose open in new tab, you should now have two tabs inside FireFox showing different web pages.

You can change your preferences for tabbed browsing under Tools / Options menu, then in advanced settings, there's a section on tabbed browsing.

Secondly. What you are describing is what windows now does by default, and that is to group similar taskbar buttons. To change this, if you right click the green start button, then choose properties. Then select the taskbar tab, and uncheck the "Group similar taskbar buttons" box.

HTH.
R.

dregn 10:53 22 Nov 04

Rigga

Thanks for that.

I followed your advice re properties/Taskbar/Group... and problem solved.

Easy when you know how !

Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…