Firefox still leaking?

Radix Lecti 11:41 11 Nov 06

Hey all, I've gone back to using Firefox from Opera, now that v2 is here, but I still seem to be encountering the same huge memory hogger I always used to.

At the moment, I have 5 tabs open and it's using 120mb, and the peak usage today has been 220mb.

Anyone else finding the same?

Probabilitydrive 11:50 11 Nov 06

Just had a look at the Mozilla forum, I had FF 2.0 installed and it continuously stalled/froze.I had to unistall it! There is a long thread onmemory hoggin here;click here Confused me more than it helped, but where to find a solution if not at Mozillas own forum...

J B 12:27 11 Nov 06

Hi there, here is a simple tweak for For Firefox. The only thing that you have to remember is to minimize firefox then maximize it and your memory usage will go down. click here J.B.

Radix Lecti 12:37 11 Nov 06

Thanks J B, however I've already got that in there and it really doesn't do much.

Well, it drastically brings the memory usage down instantly, but then within 2-3 mins it's back up to 'normal'.

I'm so surprised that the dev's haven't nailed this one. Firefox is the single most memory intensive app I have on Windows and MAC.

J B 15:11 11 Nov 06

I agree with you, when I did the tweak I found that with seven tabs open the memory loss was reduced. That said it still uses well over 50Mb. I guess we will have to live with it although for a bare bones browser it makes you wonder. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…