firefox ssl error

SJ73 13:06 14 Nov 08

hi, i am running xp. and have firefox. all was working well and firefox did and update, i then went back on to a website and got this message

Error code: ssl_error_ssl2_disabled

i looked it up on google and found this:
"Peer only supports SSL version 2, which is locally disabled."

The remote server has asked to use SSL version 2, and SSL version 2 is disabled in the local client's configuration.

but it might as well be in french as i do not understand. can anyone help with what i need to do and what it means?

many thanks sally

mgmcc 17:57 14 Nov 08

It appears that the current version of Firefox supports SSL 3.0, but there's no mention of SSL 2.0

Can you open the web page with Internet Explorer, which does allow you to set both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0? In its menus, go to "Tools > Internet Options", select the Advanced tab and scroll down to the entries for SSL - screenshot click here

SJ73 18:52 14 Nov 08

i dont have internet explorer. only firefox. i didnt think you could have both on one computer.

SJ73 19:42 14 Nov 08

hi, turns out even though i uninstalled IE i can still get it. and yes i can get onto the website. problem isn't solved but at least there is a way round it. thanks for the help sally

mgmcc 19:44 14 Nov 08

You can have as many web browsers installed as you want and, as Internet Explorer is an integral part of the operating system (Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer are interrelated), it cannot be uninstalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…