Firefox slowed to a crawl

Onizuka 12:06 08 Mar 09

I have been using Firefox with Vista for well over a year and with Virgin’s 10MB broadband it has always loaded instantly. Recently, however, it has been taking what seems to be an eternity to load web pages fully. The little circles at the top continue to rotate forever, the green indicator bar at the bottom seems to stick half way and next to it appear the words “transferring data from click here”. I can walk away from the PC and return five minutes later to find the page still hasn’t loaded. I had hoped that updating Firefox to Version 3.0.7 might cure this but it has made no difference. It seems to be a Firefox problem rather than anything else as the same web pages load fully and instantly in Internet Explorer, just as they used to do in Firefox. I’ve searched all the PCA Forums but none of the threads on Firefox seems to mention this specific problem.

Can anyone throw any light on this please?

Onizuka 12:27 08 Mar 09

I’d forgotten that typing anything that looks like a webpage address, even if it’s obviously fictitious, will make cause the Forum to turn it into a link!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now