Firefox is silent

Graphicool1 14:36 13 Feb 09

WinXP SP3

Firefox is silent
I tend to mostly view photos and art. So that's why I'm so vaugue about how long it's been without sound, it used to be ok. I've just updated to the latest Firefox, but I recall playing a game on it on the pre-update and I thought at the time how unusual not having sound. But I just checked out some music and nothing!?

The Kestrel 15:22 13 Feb 09

Does the lack of sound only occur when you are on line with Firefox as your browser? Can you play a CD and get sound? Do you have IE as well as Firefox and, if so, do you get sound when using IE on line?

Graphicool1 15:25 13 Feb 09

Kestrel Hi - Yes only with firefox

The Kestrel 15:38 13 Feb 09

It is probably worth uninstalling Firefox and then re-installing again. This often solves glitches such as yours. I have just had to re-install AVG as I had a problem with updating and that worked.

brundle 15:41 13 Feb 09

Only a clean Firefox uninstall will be enough, if you don't remove the profile you'll probably just have exactly the same issue. click here

A link to site as an example would help too - where IE works, and Firefox doesn't...

Graphicool1 19:08 14 Feb 09

I did the clean Firefox uninstall, then downloaded and installed the latest version. It said 'Launch Firefox' I clicked the button in anticipation. But I certainly wasn't ready for what happened next! Amazing...15 secs (nothing)...30 secs (nothing)...45 secs, I think you're getting the picture? It never launched. I clicked the icon, waited and waited nothing. Once again I followed the instructions, from the top. In fact I did a clean install three times, still nothing.

I have now uninstalled and have no intention of reinstalling in the forseeable future. I think I'll have a dabble and a fling with browsers such as 'Opera' and 'Chrome'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…