Firefox - recent problems opening page in new tab

AroundAgain 21:33 06 Jun 15

I've very recently, ie last few days, been getting either this src or, having opened a new tab, nothing happening when clicking on a bookmark/favourite.

I'm running Firefox 38.0.5. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox just yesterday, to see if this might correct it and, although maybe a bit improved, it's still happening.

Has anybody else experienced this and/or knows what it's due to, plus a solution, please?

As ever, I'll be very grateful for your advice. Thanks

AroundAgain 21:35 06 Jun 15

Apologies, seems my image doesn't display Can I try this?

href Screenshot

AroundAgain 21:40 06 Jun 15

Argh! This is giving me a headache!!! :(

Basically, the plain white page says " Object Moved - This document may be found here"

Maybe the image is here - href

rdave13 22:25 06 Jun 15

Try refreshing Firefox.

rdave13 22:32 06 Jun 15

Click the menu button and then click help . **From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. ... Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.**

From Google.

rdave13 22:33 06 Jun 15

That posting didn't work well.

AroundAgain 22:49 06 Jun 15

rdave13

Thanks very much for this advise. I have done what you suggested.

I will have to see how it is over a period of time but I will try to remember to post back the outcome.

Many thanks for your help

rdave13 23:10 06 Jun 15

After you refresh/reset you should see a folder on your desktop showing "old Firefox data" or similar. Keep it for a while just in case. Though it retains the corrupted data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now