FireFox quicky.

muddypaws 11:27 27 Jan 09

Just installed FireFox latest version and let it set to default browser.
How do I get my default back to Google without Firefox getting involved. Tried Tools/options, but if I enter click here it still starts in Firefox.
Win XP Home SP2 IE7
Thanks

MAJ 11:32 27 Jan 09

I assume you mean, how do you set IE7 as your default browser?

If so, open IE7 and go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab and click the "Make Default" button in the "Default Web Browser" section.

muddypaws 11:46 27 Jan 09

MAJ
Thanks once again. Had a senior moment there!.
I know Firefox is recommended by a lot of people, but it slowed down my browsing terribly and I just didn't like it.
Each to his own.
Thanks.

MAJ 11:51 27 Jan 09

Happy to help, muddypaws, I'm very familiar with those 'brain locks'.

birdface 12:52 27 Jan 09

I got so fed up with IE being so slow I downloaded Firefox last week and find it much faster.But I prefer the IE set up so keep changing between the two of them.Funny sometimes how things are not good for some but Ok for others.

muddypaws 13:31 27 Jan 09

buteman
The first thing i saw was that in IE I have all my favourites in appropriate folders ie 'Stores' for all shops.
Firefox just listed the whole lot alphabetically and I couldn't see a quick way of 'foldering' them.
Will mark as resolved shortly unless anyone else wants to chip in.

birdface 14:41 27 Jan 09

I transferred my favorites over to Firefox and they are still in the same folders that I had with IE7. I prefer IE7 the printing is more distinct and I can read it better.So back again using IE7 although it is slower.

muddypaws 19:53 27 Jan 09

buteman
FireFox imported my favourites automatically, but no sign of any folders.
You say you 'transferred' them? Manually?

birdface 20:06 27 Jan 09

No when downloading Firefox it asked if I wanted to transfer Favorites from IE.And I did.That was it.I suppose you have had Firefox for a while and you don't get that chance now.Will have a look and see if i can find another way of doing it.

oh ..no 20:15 27 Jan 09

click here
may help.

birdface 20:46 27 Jan 09

oh..no that should do the trick.Would he have to remove all his bookmarks in Firefox first as they would probably get duplicated.Or does it work itself out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5