FireFox Question

IanR_ 20:04 27 Feb 06

Hi all,i have taken the plunge & d/l Firefox today.Its on an XP machine wirh 2 accounts mine & g/f's.On mine all seems ok,but on g/f's loging all her 'bookmarks' are missing,can they be found somewhere or are they lost for ever?
Hope someone can help as it does seem faster than IE,and i dont want to start having problems after having it for only 5mins

Cheers for any help

Ian

smy13 20:10 27 Feb 06

Have you tried importing them from her profile. go to
file:Import: Internet Explorer and follow the wizard that should do the trick

IanR_ 20:32 27 Feb 06

Cheers smy13,thats done the trick.I suppose it will be a bit of a learning curve for a few days

Ian

smy13 20:48 27 Feb 06

Don't give up on it, once you get used to it you'll not want to go back to IE Have a play with all the extensions and themes available and you can really end up with a browser tailored to your needs

Here are a couple of my favorites

click here
Forecast weather forecast

click here
Tab Browser preferences (this gives you batter control over how you use tabs

A word of warning though don't let your girlfriend install that hideous pink cat theme (unlike my wife !!)

terryf 23:24 27 Feb 06

I have set Google as my start page, use the Google Toolbar (search Google for Toolbar) and Faster Firefox extension. Go to Tools>extensions then click in lower rh corner to find other extensions available. The toolbar allows other icons like 'New Tab' which I find useful if say I am looking at one page and want to go off to do a search.

remind 00:24 28 Feb 06

`Colorful Tabs` is really useful too click here

Stuartli 00:27 28 Feb 06

Finetune Firefox is another means of speeding up the browser without having to go through it manually through about:config:

click here

smy13 17:20 28 Feb 06

Good one, wasn't aware of that, simple but effective cheers

iscanut 17:52 28 Feb 06

Have a look here also : click here={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5