Firefox Pug In check not working

Zurdo 10:44 AM 06 Feb 13
Answered

I've just updated to Firefox 18.02 and the plug in update checker isn't showing. I reverted to 18.01 and it's not there either anymore. Anybody else having problems?

Zurdo 11:03 AM 06 Feb 13

Just checked my wife's computer and update checker isn't working on hers either. Will try your suggestion later, thanks.

Zurdo 11:07 AM 06 Feb 13

Jock1e...............did you click on "check to see if your plugins are up to date"? I'm just getting the page with no plugin details showning.

muddypaws 11:48 AM 06 Feb 13

I have just updated to 02 from 01 and under Tools/Add-ons the checker is at the top of the 'Add-ons Manager screen in blue

Never noticed it before, but it's there.

Zurdo 11:56 AM 06 Feb 13

That's the one muddypaws................what happens when you click it?

Pine Man 12:19 PM 06 Feb 13

what happens when you click it?

In my case another window opens but the plugins are not shown like they used to.

Zurdo 12:29 PM 06 Feb 13
Answer

Thanks Pineman.............exactly as in my case. Must be a fault at their end. I'll tick resolved and hope the checker works soon. Thanks to all. :-)

muddypaws 12:57 PM 06 Feb 13

Zurdo

Sorry--didn't go that far. It is as per Pine Man.

difarn 13:12 PM 06 Feb 13

The blue wording is there but leads to a blank page. There is a thread Firefox support forum that says there is a server problem that they are attempting to address.

Zurdo 15:27 PM 06 Feb 13

Jock1e: The plug in checker is under Tools>Add-ons>Plugins.........at the top is a blue instruction to "check to see if your plugins are up to date" Click here and it opens another window which is supposed to list plugins and the details......whether they are up to date etc. As others have said this page isn't loading correctly at the moment. I always download the latest version (english-gb), then unstall the current one and install the latest. That way I keep a copy to revert to if necessary. Thanks.

muddypaws 15:56 PM 06 Feb 13

I think this latest version (18.0.02) is the first version that hasn't listed plug ins that are not compatible.

So I might refrain from updating any for a while.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED