Firefox problems

hawthorn59 13:56 06 Jun 07

Im using Firefox 2.0.0.4. As I usually have 5 or 6 tabs open at a time, I have set it to "Show my windows and tabs from last time" everytime I open it.

However today when I opened it, they were all gone. This has happened before, but only after a new version/update was downloaded. I did have an update about 4 days ago and went to the trouble of bookmarking the tabs individually, but when I rebooted they hadnt disappeared like previously! i was delighted. But today, a few days leter, they're gone without warning.

Is this a bug in Firefox?

Is there any way aroubd it, when the updates come along?

h

Probabilitydrive 15:04 06 Jun 07

Sorry, are you saying that your bookmarks have disappeared or that-on opening the browser- FF doesn't display all the taps you previously had when you closed FF.

".....bookmarking the tabs individually,..." do you mean you opened your bookmarks using tabs?

Whatever the case, I avoid loosing the bookmarks by exporting, saving them in a folder and importing them whenever needed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 06 Jun 07

You have probably cleaned out your cache files.

birdface 17:50 06 Jun 07

Problems with I/E and Firefox. click here

hawthorn59 18:39 06 Jun 07

Sorry I probably didnt explain it well. I usually have 5,6 or more tabs in use. So every time I load up Firefox I have it set to load them up using "Show my windows and tabs from last time".

This is fine 99% of the time. Once or twice in the past when Firefox updated itself, it had lost all my tabs the next time I opened it.

When I say I bookmarked them the last time Firefox warned me of an update, I just did this as an emergency measure. But funny enough when Firefox opened, the tabs were still there.

But now, 4 days later, when I opened Firefox, without any warning, the windows/tabs were gone.

So there are 2 issues, first the general one about losing tabs when Firefox updates, and second why did i use them suddenly without warning.

I didnt clear the cache.

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…