Firefox Problem - loading asp page

Charence 02:05 01 Jan 05

I've just installed Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and have encountered a problem with a particular website.

click here

In IE, the page loads with a table and options for sorting, but in Firefox, the table does not load or the table loads without hyperlinks.

What should I do?

Many Thanks,

Charence

LinuxPenguin 02:46 01 Jan 05

firstly you should downlo0ad the chinses language pack for firefox, that ought to fix thew problem.

failing that, post back here

octal 08:28 01 Jan 05

That's strange, this is what I'm getting in Firefox:

click here

I wonder if that's the same as what you're getting?
I tried it in Opera and this is what I'm getting:

click here

I also tried Konqueror browser and that one appears OK:

click here

There seems to be a problem with Firefox rendering this particular page, sorry I've no real answer apart from using an altenative browser for this site.

LinuxPenguin 16:19 01 Jan 05

Im usign firefox and i know the first link on this topic didnt load properly. i recommend the language packs all of the chines ones, and throw in a utf 8 one as well. get them off the firefox site : click here

if that fails post back here

Charence 17:22 01 Jan 05

I'm having problems finding the language packs on Firefox Site, I click on Extensions then choose Languages and there's nothing there. Where should I be looking for language packs?

Thank you, Charence

octal 18:39 01 Jan 05

I can't find them either, so you're not alone.

I can't read Chinese, can you read it? If you can then Firefox is picking up the language OK, its just the formatting that's wrong.

Firefox does do this sometimes, some sites I've got to revert to either Opera or Konqueror to view them correctly.

Charence 18:50 01 Jan 05

The browser doesn't have any problems displaying Chinese, but it can't display the page correctly, as shown in your (octal) links.

Charence

LinuxPenguin 19:12 01 Jan 05

well then the site is most likely not html compliant, i ran it through a W3C compliancy test... 26 warnings.

or possibly you do need the language pack, back mozilla update is down atm. ( click here )

octal 19:16 01 Jan 05
  octal 19:19 01 Jan 05

I think you're right about not HTML compliant, why it works in Opera and Konqueror I don't know, maybe Firefox is a bit touchy.

Charence 19:29 01 Jan 05

this is all I can see :o(

click here

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…