Firefox problem on Laptopp

carper 15:07 23 Aug 10

Hi. I run Firefox as my main browser on my PC and laptop and suddenly I get the message on my laptop that it sails to connect to Google, for browsing or E-mail. I get the message that it failed to connect
although the addresses were valid. I suspect that it happened after a Ccleaner clean up.My laptop uses a wireless connection to my PC of course and the signal strengths are exelent. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I have a lot of unnecessary tool bars which take up half the depth of the screens. Any help to remove please
Regards Carper

howard64 15:11 23 Aug 10

with firefox click on view - toolbars and take the tick out of the toolbars you do not want

northumbria61 15:14 23 Aug 10

Reinstall Firefox

You can download the setup file for the latest version of Firefox from click here and install it on top of your current Firefox installation. You will not lose any settings, bookmarks, passwords, add-ons, or any other information if you reinstall Firefox.

Unnecessary Toolbars - click on View Tab and untick what you don't want.

northumbria61 15:16 23 Aug 10

Error Correction - Unnecessary Toolbars - click on View Tab- TOOLBARS - and untick what you don't want

woodchip 16:24 23 Aug 10

Check Firewall as not locked you out

carper 09:41 24 Aug 10

Thanks Northumbia61, but how do I download the link if I can't get on line at all?? Your suggestion for reducing toolbars works fine. Thanks Carper

carper 09:51 24 Aug 10

Thanks also Howard 64. Carper

Woodchip. I use Zone Alarm as my firewall but I can't get on that to check. Any other suggestions PLEASE!!! Carper

woodchip 11:19 24 Aug 10

Zone Alarm do you have yellow red icon near system clock? if so double click it or right click then open. check if its stopping you. you can disable it just to try to see if its that what is the problem

northumbria61 11:59 24 Aug 10

Have you looked in your "download" folder to see if your "original" download of Firefox is still there - if so RUN setup again. I always save my downloads for that very reason.

tullie 12:24 24 Aug 10

Can you use IE?

carper 16:12 24 Aug 10

Woodchip. Symbol is only a black Z on a light blue ground.

northumbria61 downloaded from original as suggested but does not connect

tullie IE shows "connecting" but stops at about halfway and there is no connection.

Looks as tough I am heading for a complete reinstall

Thanks all. Carper

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5