Firefox Problem HELP!!

squashme 18:59 27 Mar 10

I have a problem with firefox searching google everytime i search in the toolbar at the side of the address bar i just get an error 302 Moved The document has moved here. but when i click on here it just brings the same page up. and when i load the google website and search something in that i have to click cached to bring the websites up as directly clicking on them doesnt work and just brings me to loads of *!@:ty advertising sites. Also when i type something in the address bar ie. play it doesnt come up with the play.com website anymore it just comes up with that same 302 moved error all the time. even the firefox homepage wont show up anymore and acg safe search thingy dont work which tell me what websites are safe and which one are not Does anyone know whats wrong ?

rdave13 19:10 27 Mar 10

Download, update, and run Superantispyware; click here
Run in safe mode.

birdface 19:50 27 Mar 10

With Firefox add-ons download Ad-Blocker plus.
Also try Malwarebytes free update and run that first.

squashme 21:05 27 Mar 10

thanks already done a spyware scan and hasnt worked problem is still there google and firefox jus dont wanna work anymore and i cant uninstall firefox then install again as it wont get rid of the problem itl still be there which is the browsers biggest problem anyone got any other ideas ? its really pissing me off now :(

rdave13 21:08 27 Mar 10

Your answer is not clear enough. Do you know what safe mode is? Did you download SAS free version?

squashme 21:10 27 Mar 10

yea i know what safe mode is thanks already tried running firefox in that and the problem is there even in safe mode and yea i downloaded that sas thingy and a spyware scan with it and the problems still there

Hudson 21:30 27 Mar 10

It looks much more like a malware infection than a Firefox bug. Do try Malwarebytes. SAS & Malwarebytes are not exactly the same.

The infection would still be there in Safe Mode, which is designed to give system stability, not to prevent malware running.

rdave13 22:22 27 Mar 10

For your information MBAM and SAS are no where near the same type of anti-malware programs.
MBAM is a great program but worse than useless in safe mode.

Sea Urchin 22:38 27 Mar 10

As rdave13 says Malwarebytes is not designed to run in safe mode - yes, it will run but may well be unable to deal with any infections it finds. So it should always be run in normal mode.

squashme 00:37 28 Mar 10

ok guys thanks for your help but ive run a spyware/malware scan with both of the programs you have suggested and they were deepscans too and the problem is still there i just dont know why firefox and google are working anymore like they useed too you got any other suggesstions ? ive run 2 spyware/malware/adware scans and the problem is still there it must be a firefox problem just a shame i cant uninstall firefox then reinstall so the problem goes but thats impossible which seems stupid

rdave13 00:57 28 Mar 10

OK. seems that Mozilla's browser is corrupted.
Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall. click here
After uninstalling then reboot and go to explorer, (right click start) then local disk (C:) usually, then program files then right click on the Mozilla Firefox folder and select delete.
Log off then log in again and download Firefox again.
Note that you will lose your bookmarks and setting and will have to start as new.
Suggest you don't use any saved bookmarks or settings as they may be corrupted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…