Firefox Problem

superhoops 20:11 06 Dec 07

Hi there.
Since updating to the latest version of Firefox 2.0.0.11 it no longer remembers my tabs when it opens. That is to say that any new tabs or tabs I have closed (and have done "options -Use current Pages") are not remembered. It has only started doing this since the update. Anyone else finding this.

SANTOS7 20:21 06 Dec 07

Menu > Tools > Option >
Start
when firefox starts choose the 3rd option: "show my windows and tabs of the last session".

could also try this

click here

superhoops 20:52 06 Dec 07

Thanks for the reply. Yeah had already tried that but no joy. Tried to instal Permatabs as you suggested but it didnt instal properly, there are no options anywhere to use it either in the add ons option or by right clicking any of the tabs. Pity as I have used Firefox for several years and have always recommended it to others who had never ventured away from IE

superhoops 07:44 07 Dec 07

Things have got even stranger now. I have created a new profile called "Test" to see if that would work instead. After saving it all etc, when I restarted Firefox it had disappeared. Did it twice and both times it had just vanished!
I suspect I may have registry problems as recently I have been getting occasional messages regarding the registry. i.e. I tried to install Opera and then Avast to try them out because of the Firefox problems and they both brought up messages about not being to access something or other in the registry during the installation. If that is the case is the only answer a total reinstall of the OS and apps? I do have Acronis but I think the latest may be after this all started.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…