Firefox and plugins

WHU 23:06 18 Nov 04

Recently installed Firefox and noticed that on some websites that contain video files, i get a message saying "Additional plugins are required to display all media on this page". When i click install missing plugins it says "No suitable plugins were found". I then click manual install and im directed to the windows media download site. I already have windows media and i can look at these sites with no problems in IE. Do i have to download these plugins again for them to work with Firefox?

VoG II 23:09 18 Nov 04

WHU 23:39 18 Nov 04

After downloading how do i add the plugins to the Firefox browser?

wawadave 23:49 18 Nov 04

open firefox and click tools,extentions,click get more extentions. on that page that comes up there is a choice to install the plugins you want use that.

WHU 00:00 19 Nov 04

I think thats something different. Im trying to view some music videos in the firefox browser, but it wont let me. I have windows media on my pc, but its doesnt seem to let me view windows media videos in firefox. How do i get firefox to let me view these videos in my firefox browser?

SEASHANTY 00:16 19 Nov 04

Download the plugins from the website
click here

woodt 00:28 19 Nov 04

Have you tried Tools/Options/Downloads/Plugins make sure Media Player is enabled

SEASHANTY 00:30 19 Nov 04

From your Firefox browser page click on "Tools" and select OPTIONS - which is the bottom one. From the window which opens click on "Downloads" at the left hand side. This will open another window on which you will see a button labelled "Plugins". Just click on this button to see which plugins you have installed. Some of them may nlot be enabled. If not then enable them.

SEASHANTY 00:32 19 Nov 04

....and woodt beat me to it on this.

WHU 18:41 19 Nov 04

Thanks for the replies. Ive checked the plugins in my downloads and its says windows media is installed and all the different file types ie. AIFF, AU, MP3, MPEG and WAV are all enabled. Ive reinstalled Firefox and its still the same.
Any other ideas as to what could be wrong?

SEASHANTY 10:18 20 Nov 04

Check again on Tools>Options>Web Features that the Boxes are enabled for Java, Java Script and Load Images. It could also be "adblock" which is stopping the images - you could try turning this off as a check. Failing all that lot then you could always use the Firefox extension "IE VIEW" which will allow you to load I.E.6 webpages in the Firefox browser. This is also available from the Tools facility once you have installed this extension.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…