Firefox and PDF files

Gailly 19:47 27 Mar 06

I have Adobe Reader 7 and Firefox 1.5 loaded onto a new PC. I cannot get FFox to open PDF type files from the web. It will open PDF files saved in a folder. In Ffox options, download manager view and edit it list file extensions but not PDF. It allows removal of ex's but there seems no way of adding.
My wife's PC has the same software but her Ffox download manager includes PDF files and they open from the web normally. Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:58 27 Mar 06

Open Adobe 7, press F1 for help, click index tab, scroll down to web browsers, click the +, read View PDF documents in a web browser.

dogbreath1 20:00 27 Mar 06

FF>Tools>Options>Downloads>Download Actions>View And Edit Actions....check that pdf files are set to be opened in Acrobat.

Stuartli 20:01 27 Mar 06

Although I have Adobe Reader, I use Foxit PDF Reader with Firefox - it's a small download and very efficient:

click here

octal 20:02 27 Mar 06

There is an extension that asks you if you want to save or view pdf's click here

Gailly 20:18 27 Mar 06

Thanks Fruitbat but all the boxes were already ticked and it still doesn't work.
Dogs breath - thanks. PDF files are not included in the list under View and edit. Moreover there doesn't seem to be a way to add them - only remove or edit existing extensions!!
any other ideas??
Thanks

octal 20:27 27 Mar 06

Just download the extension to the hard drive, then drag and drop the file into the extension window.

Gailly 20:37 27 Mar 06

Solved - but strange solution. I downloaded Foxit (thanks Stuartli) That put PDF file extension into Ffox ,download manager, change/edit. When I tried a PDF download it opened in foxit - great (Thanks again)
Interestingly, with PDF extension now showing in Firefox I was able to use the edit in download Mgr to switch to Adobe 7.
So now I have the option of either Foxit or Adobe
A result Thanks again to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…