Firefox password recovery

websurfowen 15:22 04 Jun 06

Today i deleleted the 'passwords saved' in the Firefox browser. Is there any way to recover them

rawprawn 18:47 04 Jun 06

Don't know, but are they by any chance in your recycle bin?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:43 04 Jun 06

Firefox protects its stored passwords with a "Master Password" which is not stored anywhere on the system but used as an encryption key. That means the passwords are scrambled with the Master Password using a very strong algorithm and the only practical way to unscramble them is by entering the Master Password. If you have lost the Master Password, it does not exist anywhere on your computer and therefore cannot be recovered - and that means that the site passwords are also lost.

However, if you have not forgotten your Master Password, or if you do not use one at all (which is the case for the huge majority of Firefox users), to see the site passwords! Simply go to Tools :: Options :: Passwords in Firefox and select "View Saved Passwords". If the passwords are not already showing after that, simply click "Show Passwords" and they will be visible.

File recovery :-
Badcopy Pro click here
CDCheck click here
Disk Investigator click here
PCInspector click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Testdisc click here
Drive Rescue click here

octal 19:48 04 Jun 06

I don't think there is a way of recovering them, once they are gone they're gone. I notice its very easy to delete them if you aren't careful.

If you are using Windows XP what about a restore point? Just put it back to a period before they were deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5