Firefox Password Manager

javaBalls 11:53 26 Oct 05

Does anyone use the firefox password manager? Is it safe?

I think that it is rather easy to view the passwords from the tools>options etc..

bukkaz 12:21 26 Oct 05

It isn't if you password protect it. You can see the sites but not the passwords without entering the master password.

javaBalls 13:22 26 Oct 05

i'll look for a master password setting tonight.

tims31 15:52 26 Oct 05

Hi Javaballs

I use the password manager in firefox and have no probs. To set the master password, start firefox and go to >Tools>Options. Then the privacy tab on the left then the saved passwords tab and then you can click on the master password tab.

Once you set the master password that is the only one you need to remember. Just type that in and fire fox fills in the rest.

javaBalls 22:27 26 Oct 05

Great! I've set a password (although the quality meter didn't think it was that strong!)

So I'm happy with the password manager.

Now, just the question about storing the passwords on the computer. Are they safe? Can they be stolen by a determined hacker?

Are they encrypted? .I can view the passwords as plain text so I assume that they are not encrypted. I thought that passwords should never be stored in plain text.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…