Firefox only runs in safe mode

pangloss 23:30 26 Oct 05

I have just bought a new Evesham machine (Axis 64 SB with Athlon 64 processor) and Win XP SP2.
I downloaded Firefox 1.0.7 and when I tried to run it the window came up and hung uselessly; the only thing it would do was to close.

I have disabled the XP firewall and use Zone Alarm as I did on my last machine. Now it runs in "safe mode" whether I ask it to or not. A lot of features are lost, in particular, tabbed browsing.

Opera and IE 6 will both run alright.

What is happening guys?

Pangloss

octal 23:36 26 Oct 05

Couple of questions, did you have an earlier version of Firefox installed? And have you installed any extensions?

octal 23:41 26 Oct 05

I think the best thing to do is to uninstall Firefox, including the profile folder, this site shows where its located click here then re-install Firefox and see if that cures it.

pangloss 21:31 27 Oct 05

I think the secret was clearing out all the files in the firefox folders. All now working well! Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…