Firefox not responding

iscanut2 14:49 11 Nov 10

Am running latest version and has been fine until today. It now hangs trying to load home page and error report shows "AppHangB1". Am running Windows 7. Any ideas anyone ?

iscanut2 15:05 11 Nov 10

Since my posting, I have found a possible cause. I had problems with Kaspersky Internet security and uninstalled it with Revo after the Windows uninstaller did not do a complete job. I then reinstalled MSoft Security Essentials. However Kaspersky has now shown itself as running with an icon in the task bar. It does not show in list of programs installed in the program list on Windows, neither does it show as installed in CCleaner or Revo but it is running ! Any ideas as to how I can get rid of this ?

iscanut2 16:16 11 Nov 10

Task bar ! Should have said notification area.

cocteau48 16:30 11 Nov 10

Kaspersky removal tool:click here

It might work in your current state or you may have to reinstall Kaspersky to get it to work properly but I have used it myself and it does remove Kaspersky completely.

Bapou 16:33 11 Nov 10

There may be another reason for this,the offline storage cache needs clearing.

From the menu bar choose:Tools>Options>Advanced>Network> click on Clear Now. Then restart Firefox.

It worked for me.

iscanut2 17:00 11 Nov 10

Thanks for responses.
cocteau48, thanks for that. Have run it and seems to have worked as no longer running or shown in notification area BUT it has left the folder in Program files for some reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…