firefox not opening

brigtoo 22:58 10 Jun 07

i downloaded an addon for firefox and system crashed when installed. after re booting firefox wouldnt run. removed in control panel and downloaded new version and installed but still wont open, either via programme list or the desktop shortcut. also the netgear router login shortcut now has the message when clicked, " this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. create an association in the Folder Options control panel".
my main concern is the non function of firefox.

skidzy 23:11 10 Jun 07

System Restore ?

Probabilitydrive 23:12 10 Jun 07

Does FF work in safe mode?

brigtoo 23:26 10 Jun 07

system restore doesnt restore and firefox wont open in safe mode

skidzy 23:31 10 Jun 07

Assuming xp,try start and search and type firefox.exe and try to open from there.

You may have to go further back in system restore.

You did have System Restore enabled..didnt you ?

brundle 23:52 10 Jun 07

Uninstall Firefox, locate the profiles folder and rename it, re-install Firefox. (Rename rather than remove so you don't lose bookmarks).

C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
You can import your bookmarks from that folder as a single HTML file if you get Firefox working again with a new profile. Copy bookmarks.html from the old profile folder into the newly created profile folder (not while Firefox is running tho).

brigtoo 00:52 11 Jun 07

ive manage to get ff working again by fiddling with the settings in the safe mode facility. ive lost the bookmarks as all files disappeared but its not the first time. ive just got the router login problem now, oh, and the background colour in ff is a horrible fuscia. ill have to find a way of resetting it to white, unless somebody has the answer already.
thanks, everybody, for all the help.

brigtoo 00:57 11 Jun 07

i think ive sorted the background colour issue. off to bed now. night all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017