Firefox not displaying images

griffon56 13:46 04 Feb 08

Hi Everybody,

Running WinXP Home on 1GB memory with a 2.6GHz CPU, I've been putting up with Firefox not displaying every image.

I tried Mozilla Firefox Help but got no joy. Is there some add-on or extension I need to enable Firefox to show every image.

I've got the usual Flash Players, Java Script and Media Players installed but in many images all I get is a blank space with a small box with a red diamond in the top left corner.

The pop-up blocker is enabled but I thought that it would be able to discriminate between main page images and pop-ups, and I don't want to disable it unless I have to.

I'd appreciate a word of advice. Thank you.

Technotiger 13:50 04 Feb 08
  griffon56 14:18 04 Feb 08

Thanks TT, the link gets close but because of its age certain recommendations may be inaccurate. I've got all the permissions enabled in Zone Alarm, but still get the problem. It seems to have been around for a long time.

Technotiger 14:22 04 Feb 08

Have you tried the last recommendation shown - Dec 2007!

Technotiger 14:29 04 Feb 08

If still not having any joy, there are a few suggestions here ... click here

griffon56 16:59 04 Feb 08

Beg your pardon TT, my eye didn't catch it, but I did try all the suggestions which applied. In fact, only one did apply and that was to allow all the permissions for Firefox to access the net. I'll try the last recommendation. Thanks.

griffon56 17:19 04 Feb 08

Hi TT,
Following the last link I found the number set to 3 instead of 1. I've reset it and will see if things improve. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…