Firefox not displaying Ebay photos

griffon 56 10:31 06 Jul 07

Hi folks,
I recently downloaded the latest edition of Firefox, since when it will not display photos in Ebay and some images on other sites. I've ticked all the likely boxes but found no cure. Any ideas?

have yo got the java and adobe flash plug ins

Al94 11:19 06 Jul 07

Have a read here click here

Stuartli 11:32 06 Jul 07

Firefox should indicate that plug-ins are required to view all the content of a particular website when appropriate and offer the chance to download them.

You can download Java Runtime and Adobe Flash (different versions for IE and Firefox) at:

click here (this is the update which wasn't included on the Java website itself the other day)

and

click here

Stuartli 11:34 06 Jul 07

You will need to Enable Java from FF's Tools>Options>Content tab and, from the Security tab, Warn me if sites attempt to install add-ons.

griffon 56 15:26 06 Jul 07

Thanks everybody. I've got Java enabled and I've listed ebay as a site specifically allowed to load images, so it must be the plug-ins. I'll let you know, but it looks hopeful.

griffon 56 18:07 06 Jul 07

I've installed the Adobe and Java plug-ins and read the advice on technotaste.com, but images still don't load. Any further tips?

griffon 56 17:05 11 Jul 07

I know this is a boring little post but the problem is irritating in the extreme. Has anybody got any further advice on how to cure it, please?

griffon 56 16:21 12 Jul 07

try creating a new profile
click here

griffon 56 17:51 12 Jul 07

Thanks Raven, I've looked at that and see what you're getting at. It says, roughly, that if you've been having problems the creation of a new profile with only the basic settings might cure the them and you'd be able to import things from the old profile one at a time to rebuild a new one.

I don't know whether I can be a.sed, computers always seem to have to need a lot of tweaking, they never seem to run faultlessly, even on basic stuff. It's like coming out to your car and finding that today for the first time in years the doors won't open.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…