firefox not conecting

gaz7777gaz 17:45 25 Oct 07

hi my wife got old of the pc and she as cocked it up when i try to coect to the internet it is telling me fire fox cant find the server at google or check network conection or network is protected by a firewall or proxy can anybody help thanks gaz.

birdface 17:55 25 Oct 07

It might be something to do with this.click here Will Internet explorer not work either.

birdface 18:24 25 Oct 07

Try,Control panel.Network Connections.Right click local area connection and press repair.See if that finds anything.

gaz7777gaz 19:19 25 Oct 07

thanks buteman but it is still dead i tryed the repair it tryed to change my ip address then failed told me to contact my network manager .i am not on a network yet internet explorer is fine.?

birdface 19:42 25 Oct 07

Are you on the latest Firefox up-date.It should be 2.0.0.8 If you already have that you could uninstall it,Run C Cleaner then reinstall it.There was someone on yesterday with the same problem and thats what they done.

exodus 19:48 25 Oct 07

Hi, check your proxy settings in Firefox.
Open Firefox/Tools/Options/ Advanced/Network/ Connection/Settings

Ensure it is set for Direct Connection to the Internet.

exo

aine 19:48 25 Oct 07

I had a similar problem, after downloading FireFox 2.0.0.8 . It would not connect to the Internet, IE7 would, i discovered that my firewall was stopping it. I am using Zone-alarm, clicking in ZA fixed it aine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…