Firefox nightmare

jennydog 10 Nov 11

I tried Firefox it was a nightmare, I deleated it - but it is everywhere in my computer. I cant use my Yahoo mail properly, I can't change settings in Tools- security.No mater what site I want to use it turns out as a restricted site.Anyone able to help ? Please

gengiscant 10 Nov 11

Firefox is nothing more than a browser if you removed via Add and Remove I am puzzled as to why you say it is everywhere. Could you post a few more details? This is what you are talking about? Firefox

jennydog 10 Nov 11

yes gengiscant thats the firefox I have. By everywhere I mean it changed everything I was, and still trying to do.I did not have a problem opening or useing any site until I loaded firefox, even run search has changed,the little boxes / search places have gone - just a blank space now- except for the dog wondering what to do.I get messages about browser settings - Active something or other need to be changed.I'm sorry if I'm wrong,but it's only gone heels up since firefox.

gengiscant 10 Nov 11

It would not have changed the Windows search but a nastie may well have, I presume that you are now using Internet Explorer if so which one? In IE 8 try this to reset it.Reset IE 8 IE 9 and run your anti virus etc.

jennydog 10 Nov 11

I lost everything again - taken ages to get back here-sorry,I had upgraded to IE8- MAYBE thats where it all went wrong?? l'll try that link you've given- I've got to go out now so I might be some time. Thank you for your time so far.

northumbria61 10 Nov 11

Try clearing Firefox out with REVO UNINSTALLER. When deleted and if you still want to use Firefox (I use nothing else but Firefox) you can choose from this list which version you want to install.enter link description here If you do reinstall you can turn off the check for Automatic updates to Firefox via Tools - Options -Advanced Tab - under "Auto Check for Updates to Firefox" UNCHECK "Firefox" box.

I have version 7.0.1 and have no plans to update to V.8 at present. New versions quite often have problems until "ironed out" which is why I avoid them like the plague.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message