Firefox and Netscape or IE

Bren.ie 13:32 23 Jan 06

Are there any main differences between Firefox and Netscape or IE particularly in relation security or resourse issues?

Belatucadrus 14:06 23 Jan 06

No windows based program is immune to exploits from the thrice damned writers of such code, but Firefox is more resistant to it than IE as it's a stand alone application and doesn't integrate into the OS to the same degree. The Mozilla guys also seem rather quicker at plugging security holes once they are found. I'm not aware of any Firefox resource issues.

Combine this with the conveniance of tabbed browsing, improved speed and the ready availability of extensions to enhance usability and you see why I prefer Firefox to IE.

There are the occasional pages to be found that don't display correctly in Firefox, the "IE Tab" extension fixes this nicely.

gel 15:28 23 Jan 06

Hello I have used Firefox since November 2004 and never had a problem. I recently up dated to the newer version of Firefox and all is OK.
Go for Firefox -much faster than IE.
The only downside I have found is that Windows Update prefers working with IE which is only natural I expect
There are plenty of comments on Firefox if you use the search facility in this forum
gel

woodchip 15:37 23 Jan 06

The Browser least used today is Netscape, A virus writer will Target a Browser that is the most likely candidate to pass the virus on etc. So in this order IE, Firefox, Netscape. I use Netscape 7.2 As it's got a good Mail Client click here

Bren.ie 15:42 23 Jan 06

Thannk you all for your reply.

Much appreciated.

Bren.ie 15:43 23 Jan 06

Sorry misprint

Thank you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…