Firefox Loosing Pace

DerekR 21:45 27 Oct 05

I don't know if its me, my new PC or Firefox, but I have found it very slow recently. I just installed Netscape for a comparison, and I now find Netscape faster than F/F.

Anyone else suffering this phenomenon?

I have all the tweaks applied, and F/F was lightening fast, now, site seem to just crawl to be opened.

octal 21:48 27 Oct 05

Have you installed any extensions recently? Sometimes they can cause a problem.

DerekR 21:53 27 Oct 05

nope, no new extensions - had it configured perfectly for my needs, but have noticed a deterioration in F/F's overall performance recently - no dicernable reason for it as far as I can see, just thought it may well be something other folks have noticed.

DerekR 22:28 27 Oct 05

Mess about - find the problem!!

The nglayout.initialpaint.delay integer value had for some strange reason changed it's value from 0 to 300 - reset it and whooooooooooosh F/F is away down the straight like greased weasel droppings off a shovel!

Stuartli 23:01 27 Oct 05

You could also try Finetune Firefox - saves a lot of messing in about:config:

click here

woodchip 23:05 27 Oct 05

Netscape 7.2 as good Mail program if you are using Version 8 then I found it hard to setup so stuck with Version 7.2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…