Firefox keeps crashing

crazycam 19:58 18 Feb 09

Can anyone give me some advice on what action i can take to ascertain what is causing Firefox to crash constantly. It happens everytime I use the net, usually when I have spent some time on one page then move to another.

Is there any software that can root out the problem?

JamieC 20:05 18 Feb 09

Try contacting Mozilla. There are issues with Firefox 3 atm, for me aswell. Alternatively, use another browser.

Opera: click here

or

Google Chrome: click here

Technotiger 20:41 18 Feb 09

I am using Firefox 3.0.6. and it is fine, no problems at all.

crazycam 20:46 18 Feb 09

Thats the version I'm using. Recently install AVG, as well as EMusic downloader since then have had problems. Any recommendations on Spyware detectors?

Technotiger 20:50 18 Feb 09

I personally use AVG Free, SuperAntiSpyware and Ad-Aware and Glary Utilities - One click maintenance.

AL47 21:31 18 Feb 09

ive had it for a while now, and its getting annoying, with mine i can be on internet for x amount of time, seems a while, and all of a sudden, wont load anything, have to restart computer to get it going!

ronalddonald 00:16 19 Feb 09

had the same problem my modem custs of and for aome reason under file the work Offline button is ticked. Ive reverted back to msm but using google as the host. Seems to affect me when i was using google only not msm.

crazycam 22:59 19 Feb 09

Personally the problem seems to occur on forum sites especially. Before the page fully loads the error message shows and needs to shut down. I dont get the problem with explorer.

Is there anything special about forum sites that would cause particular issues?

Doomster1961 23:42 19 Feb 09

I had a similar problem. I found out that I hadn't uninstalled all the versions of Firefox on my computer(Ver 1.xx and 2.xx). I then deleted my Firefox default profile and created a new one and presto, it doesn't crash anymore (Firefox 3.0.6). Go to the MozillaZine Knowledge Base
[url]click here[\url]
I hope this helps.

Doomster1961 23:45 19 Feb 09

I had a similar problem. I found out that I hadn't uninstalled all the versions of Firefox on my computer(Ver 1.xx and 2.xx). I then deleted my Firefox default profile and created a new one and presto, it doesn't crash anymore (Firefox 3.0.6). Go to the MozillaZine Knowledge Base
click here
I hope this helps.

crazycam 23:58 19 Feb 09

Just unistalled and reinstalled 3.06, deleting all my personal data along with it. Ran the program just now and it seems to have cleared the problem for now. Have imported my bookmarks and still no issues.

I did reinstall it a few days ago but the problem stayed. That time i didnt remove the personal data too. That must have been it. Not sure why that would cause problems though?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant