Firefox keeps closing

PC_Qs 11:14 24 Nov 07

Hi, I am having problem with my firefox browser. It keeps closing whenever i go to some site. It has come to a point where most site i go to it suddenly closes firfox. I have tried reinstalling the browser but to no vain.

I have never had this problem before. I have ran AV and spyware even in safe mode but this is still a problem. I have even done a system recovery recently but this again has made no difference. I am run Windows XP, 1G RAM, AMD 64 3400+.

Please can someone help. I am also using IE but this was never a problem before.

octal 11:19 24 Nov 07

Back up your Bookmarks first in case you loose them. Then delete the Profile folder, this shows the location of it click here

Then restart Firefox and it will make another folder, you will have to re-install any extensions you had previously installed, but that's no bad thing because you've probably got a corrupt file in there anyway.

PC_Qs 11:29 24 Nov 07

Thanks! That has done the trick. Want i did was i backed up the book marks and deleted the profile folder. It is ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…