Firefox and Java = Java byte/verify virus

g40 00:05 11 May 05

I managed to end up with 10 viri all centered on "Java Byte/Verify" in my PC , this was during the period of the firefox java problems being anounced, and me changing setting to workaround the flaws, anyone else?

Jak_1 00:36 11 May 05

This happens all the time with windows and java, it matters not what browser you use. AV will show legit java files as a virus just as AVG shows legit .bat files from Mastersplitter as viruses.

I encountered this a few months ago and deleted the files that were causing the problem and ended up with even more probs as I could not access many websites including the sun java site it'self! Fortunately I had saved the jre install file and was able to sort things out after completely deleting sun java from the registry and programs. and then re-installing.

It is one of the anomolies of AV progs that certain types of file will be seen as viruses but are actually required. Sun Java is a well respected company and software. I have had no problems since and all security progs report no suspicious activity from them. They still show as viruses but do not cause me any headaches.

Hope this helps.

the kopite 05:23 11 May 05

got it mysef yesterday avg picked it up its in my virus box now kopite

octal 07:48 11 May 05

There is a simple way to remove them, this link gives instructions from the JavaSun site: click here

g40 17:04 11 May 05

Well i had deleted it prior to seeing the excellent link from octal, hope this helps others anyways, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac