firefox issues

iqs 21:10 PM 13 Oct 11

Hi Since the latest update for the latest version of Firefox,web pages are taking forever to load. I have reinstalled Firefox,still happens.

I had no issues before the update,and while running the previous version. I did a test before posting,I started Firefox and IE,clicked on the saved links to this web site,IE opened within seconds,Firefox took over 30seconds.

Even with IE closed,it still takes forever to open any pages.

Anyone else having issues,also any idea where I can download a previous version of Firefox ?

Thanks

northumbria61 23:10 PM 13 Oct 11

Make your choice from this list - enter link description here

northumbria61 23:13 PM 13 Oct 11

But why not clear your Browser Cache - enter link description here

birdface 09:56 AM 14 Oct 11

Nice one northumbria61 just tried your 2nd click here and it removed almost 500Mb from the Browser cache.

birdface 11:11 AM 14 Oct 11

Not updated your flash player recently.

http://www.malwarecity.com/blog/twofer-malware-rogue-internet-explorer-plugin-infects-firefox-1151.html

Maybe run your security programs and see if they find anything.

Or maybe a system restore to a date before you updated Firefox.

iqs 14:43 PM 14 Oct 11

Hi,

Thank you northumbria61 for the help and links.I downloaded version 6 and switched off updates,hopefully no more issues. Also old apps is an excellent site,thanks again.

Hi buteman,

I did most of what you suggested before posting,except the flash player update. I have installed Firefox 6 and just updated Flash,will see how it go,s,thanks for the help.

Cheers

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…