Firefox and IE hijack

martidj 15:35 PM 19 Jan 11

I downloaded a piece of software called PC Advisor, deleted it and now both home pages open with click here inviting me to run a PC Advisor system tune and check up.Have run an uninstaller and malware programme but its still there. Any help would be appreciated.Am using uptodate Kaspersky

johndrew 16:17 PM 19 Jan 11

When you say 'downloaded' do you mean simply clicked on the 'Download Now' box or did you install something called "Help-My-PC"?

If you installed something (and subsequently uninstalled it) it may well have changed your 'Home Page' settings.

How to set both click here

For the future check what you download and install by watching the install details which may well ask if you want a Toolbar installed or your Home Page reset.

iscanut2 16:21 PM 19 Jan 11

In Firefox, click on Tools, Options, General tab and then check and change home page if necessary. In IE Explorer, much the same I think, Tools, Internet Options, change home page.

spuds 16:23 PM 19 Jan 11

Try Revo Uninstaller click here and see if the remains of the previous programme is still on your computer.

martidj 17:03 PM 19 Jan 11

Thanks to you all the problem is now resolved. How simple it was if only you know how!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…