Firefox hyperlinks stopped working

Zak 21:44 19 Nov 04

Menu bar, far right "Go to the Firefox homepage"
and "Get more extensions" in the Extensions window (Tools, extensions) have stopped working. No response when the mouse pointer is over them and clicking.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success.

Also any pointers on how to fully uninstall Firefox, as when I reinstalled all my settings etc.. were still present.

Valvegrid 21:50 19 Nov 04

Have you installed Firefox 1.0? If you have try this link,

click here

I notice the other links aren't working either.

Valvegrid 21:52 19 Nov 04

The other way to try is go to Tools> Extensions as well.

Zak 21:56 19 Nov 04

Valvegrid I am running Firefox 1.0. This is the first version I have installed.

Just checked Themes hyperlink and as you say this does not work either. These hyperlinks were definnitely working a couple of days ago.

Zak 21:58 19 Nov 04

"The other way to try is go to Tools> Extensions as well." That's how I initially hit on this problem.

Valvegrid 21:59 19 Nov 04

Yes, mine was working yesterday, maybe they've taken then off because a lot of the old extensions are not compatable with V1.0. Just a thought.

Valvegrid 22:02 19 Nov 04

Ah, in that case I think you must have a problem, can you get in using my 'click here' link above?

Zak 22:03 19 Nov 04

Thanks for your comments Valvegrid. Probably need to wait and see. I'll leave the thread running for others and also maybe someone will have an answer.

Valvegrid 22:06 19 Nov 04

By the way, it is a hpps secure site, so make sure in Edit>Preference's> Security all the boxes are ticked.

Zak 22:08 19 Nov 04

Just checked and all 3 boxes ticked.

Valvegrid 22:15 19 Nov 04

Okey Dokey, see if someone else is getting the same problem, but all seems fine at this end. It'll be interesting to see what it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…