Firefox "hogs" the connection

TAXIDERMIST 05:59 05 Oct 05

I am running firefox with a broadband connection. In recent times it says it getting messages and then just sticks in that mode. Further, this seemingly fruitless search just seems to hog all the connection, No other applications can access it. IE cannot find page etc. Even if I exit firefox the problem persists and I have to restart the PC to get the connection back. Any ideas please?

octal 06:24 05 Oct 05

A couple of questions, has this only just started happening? If it has, have you recently installed any new extensions?

TAXIDERMIST 14:18 05 Oct 05

Hi Octal.
No, I installed the calendar extension when I installed the program. It worked just fine for months. I haven't seriously reconfigured anything on my system that I know of, certainly installed no freeware or anything like that. I dont know where to look for an answer. Can find nothing about this on the Mozilla site.

octal 15:23 05 Oct 05

It is possible your profile folder might be corrupted. This site tells you how to manage that click here

I usually save my Bookmarks, then delete the profile folder. Then restart Firefox and it will open a new profile, then import the Bookmarks back again. You will have to re-install any extensions you had installed, but I don't find that much of a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…